If you are creating and managing many events, it is very useful to categorize them. This is where Event Categories option kicks in. Using Event Categories page is very easy and pretty self explanatory, but let's get through all of the options it is offering.
- Name of the event category (e.g. "webinars", "concerts", "shows", "expos", etc.)
- Slug - it comes very useful if you want to list all of the events in one category
- Parent - it comes useful if you have different types for the same category (e.g. parent is "concert" and it is parent to "classical", "jazz", "lounge", etc)
- Description - it is completely optional and won't be shown in most cases, however some themes may show it
- Table of existing event categories and search option for searching existing event categories